USAC Alliance Scholarship
The USAC Alliance Scholarship was established in partnership with the NIU Study Abroad Office and University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC). Funds will be awarded in amount of $600, for Spring 2020.
This scholarship is available to NIU students ONLY. Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to qualify for the scholarship:
1. Acceptance into a USAC study abroad program.
2. Students must be in good academic standing and disciplinary standing at the time of study abroad program application.
3. Students who transfer to Northern Illinois University must have successfully completed and received grades for at least two full semesters at NIU before they are eligible to participate in a study abroad program or apply for this scholarship.
4. Students must be enrolled full-time while participating in an NIU study abroad program.
5. Encumbrances on a student’s records by NIU; e.g., by Undergraduate Admissions, Bursar’s Office, Accounts Receivable, Registration and Records, Health Services, Parking Services, NIU Libraries, etc., must be cleared before a student can be granted admission to any study abroad program and be eligible for this scholarship.
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted. Students will be notified within three weeks of the application deadline whether they have been selected to receive a scholarship.